Counselor / Therapist
Roles and Responsibilities
• Conduct psycho-social assessments and make appropriate diagnosis and treatment recommendations; including but not limited to referrals to scheduling individual and group therapy.
• Conduct therapy sessions which include youth and/or adult individual sessions, group sessions, and family sessions.
• Assist client with establishing an individual treatment plan for appropriate services.
• Coordinate clinical treatment with referral sources.
• Complete all paperwork and assessments in a timely manner, in accordance with agencies policy and procedures.
• Will be a participating member of the agency’s Quality Improvement Team and attend all clinical staff meetings, unless excused.
• Perform community outreach as assigned.
• Participate in staff/ treatment team meetings on a weekly basis.
• Must adhere to confidentiality laws, regulations, and policies as related to all client information, including HIPAA and 42 C.F.R.
• Must keep all licensures current, and continuously upgrade professional skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Must possess, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
• Must possess knowledge on substance use disorders and mental health theories as related to job
• Proficiency in, or willingness to learn, Qualifacts CareLogic Electronic Health Records System
• Licensed in the State of Ohio to provide mental health services is required
• Must have strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills, able to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds
• Must possess time management skills and be able to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Strong belief in person/family centered practice and ability to provide services or refer to services that assist/enrich people in recovery and their family members.
• Ability to work with diverse populations and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to focus on and reinforce positive strengths and behaviors
• Experience in Chemical Dependency Counseling
• Some evening hours may be required
• This position is supervised by the Clinical Director.
Guernsey Health Choices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
GHC, Inc. is a contract agency of the Mental Health and Recovery Service Board serving Coshocton, Guernsey, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble and Perry Counties.
Full-time, Part-time applicants will be considered
Required Education / Licensures that will be considered:
LSW, LPC, LPCC, or LISW